Aesthetic Surgery India is a network of reputed hospitals in India, which provide low-cost cosmetic surgeries to foreign patients. The following procedures are provided in our associate hospitals:
Cosmetic Surgery in India is significantly low-priced and many foreigners opt to get breast lift and augmentation, breast reconstruction, reduction, and gynecomastia surgery here to save on treatment costs.
Being an elective procedure, it is often excluded from medical insurance. Breast augmentation in India allows women to get their desired curves without having to spend a huge sum at their cosmetic surgeon’s clinic.
- This is most often done for aesthetic value but is sometimes done to correct deformities or as part of male-to-female sex reassignment therapy.
- There are three types of implants: saline, silicone and alternative-composition.
- Of the three, saline is the most likely to have noticeable appearance problems.
- Wrinkling and rippling are especially common in women with very little natural breast tissue.
- Silicone-gel used to be associated with leakage but modern technology has mostly eliminated the problem.
- Roughly 2 million women in America have breast implants.
- Also known as mastopexy, this surgery focuses on reshaping and elevating the breasts.
- Women often opt for this surgery after breast feeding a child in order to help the breasts return to their original form.
- Breasts lifts are occasionally needed after breast augmentation.
- Breasts lifts help to restore firmness.
- There is a slight chance that a woman will experience nipple desensitization for a few months after getting a breast lift.
- Postpartum hormonal changes are responsible for sagging breasts in middle-aged women, but young women also sometimes face this problem if the breasts are disproportionately large in size.
- Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is carried out for the correction of over-sized breasts.
- Besides getting breast reduction surgery for aesthetic reasons, women often undergo reduction mammaplasty in order to alleviate back pain caused by over-sized breasts.
- The procedure involves removal of fat, glandular tissue and skin from the breasts to give them a new shape.
- Nipples are repositioned to improve their appearance.
- Liposuction can help correct over-sized breasts, but it will only allow minor-to-moderate reduction in breast volume.
- Low cost breast reduction in India can be availed at the network hospitals of Aesthetic Surgery India.
- Gynecomastia is the abnormal increase in size of mammary glands in males resulting in large, abnormal breasts.
- Unilateral or asymmetrical gynecomastia means only one breast is abnormally enlarged.
- Men undergo gynecomastia surgery to get rid of the abnormal breast tissue.
- According to the British Association for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the number of men in UK undergoing breast reduction went up by 28% between 2009 and 2010.
- If you are looking for an attractive derriere, you can opt for affordable and quality buttock augmentation in an Aesthetic Surgery India network hospital.
- Also referred to as gluteoplasty, this procedure is usually done for aesthetic reasons to make the contour of the buttocks more aesthetically appealing.
- Buttock augmentation can be done by gluteal implant, liposulpture, or body contouring.
- Gluteal implants require that a buttock-prosthesis be surgically implanted under the gluteus maximus muscle.
- A patient desiring buttock augmentation might choose a gluteal implant if he/she has very limited fat stores of excess adipose fat which makes it implausible to undergo a fat transfer.
- Liposculpture involves injecting fat harvested from the abdomen or the thighs of the patient injection into the buttocks. Usually the harvested fat is deposited near the subcutaneous muscle tissues of the buttock.
- Liposculpture is sometimes referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift.
- The popularity of Buttock Augmentation jumped by 37% between 2008 and 2009.
- Also referred to as chin augmentation, chin implant surgery involves insertion of prosthesis to enlarge the chin.
- This is done in order to make the face look more symmetrical and balanced.
- It is common to have a chin implant done simultaneously with rhinoplasty to ensure facial features are proportionate.
- There are a variety of different materials which can be used in chin implants, but the most common is expanded polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Some individuals still prefer to use bone implants which are typically harvested from the patient’s own rib and pelvis.
- However, this practice is becoming less popular as bone implants have a high propensity to infection not only at the time of surgery but also throughout the patient’s post-implant life.
- The scientific name for eyelid surgery is blepharoplasty.
- This is almost always done as an elective surgery; it may be done to improve peripheral vision.
- When done for cosmetic reasons, people have lower eyelid surgery to remove bags that form under the eyes as well as to minimize wrinkles around the eyes.
- Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is done in order to make the eyes look bigger and more open.
- Eyelid surgery is done by making external incisions around the eyes.
- The incisions follow the natural lines of the eyes in order to minimize the appearance of scars.
- Excess fat is removed and the entire procedure is done within a few hours.
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery is the most common cosmetic surgery in South Korea.
Facelift and Neck Lift
- The scientific name for a facelift is rhytidectomy and it is almost always an elective surgery done for cosmetic reasons.
- Both facelift and neck lift are done to tighten sagging skin which occurs after aging.
- The surgeries can be done under sedation or general anesthesia.
- In the case of a facelift, the incisions are usually made along the hairline and/or behind the ears.
- There is slight scarring but the inconspicuous placement of the incisions minimizes the visibility of the scars.
- After making the incisions, the surgeon performs the undermining. Undermining is when scissors are used to separate the skin from the deeper tissues.
- Next, the skin is fitted around the person’s face, excess skin is eliminated, and the incisions are closed.
- The entire procedure normally takes between 2-4 hours.
- The bruising and swelling may take a few weeks to completely subside.
- Post-surgery pain can be managed with a prescription pain reliever.
- Facelifts and neck lifts are very popular among celebrities.
- It is important, however, not to overdo it. Multiple facelifts over a long period of time often result in an unnatural look.
- Labiaplasty is a surgery to alter the labia minora and/or labia majora.
- This surgery is performed both as a corrective procedure and as a cosmetic surgery for enhancing the aesthetics of the labia.
- Labial hypertrophy (when the labia minora is disproportionately larger than the labia majora) is one of the main reasons women opt for labiaplasty.
- Women also opt for labiaplasty after childbirth or to combat the effects that natural ageing process has on the labia.
- The various techniques for labial reduction include edge resection, central wedge resection, de-epithelialization technique, labiaplasty with clitoral unhooding, and laser labiaplasty.
- After any operative technique, wound-care must be administered at least three times a day for two days.
- Anyone undergoing labiaplasty is advised to abstain from sexual intercourse for at least four weeks after labiaplasty.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the number of women getting labiaplasty has increased by 25% or more every year since 2005.
- There is less than a 1% chance of scarring.
- The scientific name for liposuction is lipoplasty. This procedure involves extraction of fat tissue from various areas of the body.
- The most common places that patients choose to have liposuction are thighs, stomach, and the buttocks.
- A person may not be eligible for liposuction if he or she is diabetic, has heart problems or other health problems.
- While there are a variety of methods which a surgeon can perform liposuction, the most common is suction-assisted liposuction.
- After making a small incision, the surgeon will insert a small device similar to a straw, known as a cannula.
- The cannula is attached to a vacuum that sucks out the fatty tissue when the surgeon moves it in a push and pull motion.
- Other methods include ultrasound-assisted liposuction, power-assisted liposuction, twin-cannula liposuction, water-assisted liposuction, and external ultrasound-assisted liposuction.
- Patients who are 40+ may want to consider laser tightening to avoid resulting in flabby skin.
- Post surgery, the patient must take extra care of the dressings to avoid any kind of infection.
- Recovery time varies largely depending on the location of the liposuction as well as the amount of fatty tissue removed.
- According to the Food & Drug Administration, the demand for liposuction has risen 128% from 1997 to 2006.
- The scientific name for a tummy tuck is abdominoplasty.
- This procedure is done in order to firm up the abdomen by removing fat and skin from the midsection of the stomach.
- This should firm up the muscle and the fascia of the abdominal wall.
- Many patients opt for a tummy tuck after pregnancy to regain their pre-pregnancy contours.
- Patients can undergo complete or partial abdominoplasty. The difference between the two begins with the number and size of incisions.
- For complete abdominoplasty, one incision is made from hip to hip and another near the navel whereas only one smaller incision near the hips is made for a partial abdominoplasty.
- Extended abdominoplasty is a complete abdominoplasty along with a thigh lift.
- A newer type of tummy tuck known as high lateral tension tummy tuck results in both vertical and horizontal tightening.
- A high lateral tension tummy tuck produces a much flatter abdomen than a traditional tummy tuck.
- A patient should be able to return back to work anywhere between one to four weeks.
- The number of tummy tucks performed has doubled from 2000 to 2009.
- Rhinoplasty is the scientific name for what is commonly called a nose job.
- This procedure involves reconstructing the nose.
- This may be cosmetic value or for functional purposes.
- It is usually done to either fix a nasal trauma or congenital defect.
- The type of incision used by the surgeon classifies the surgery as open rhinoplasty or closed rhinoplasty.
- Open rhinoplasty involves a small incision in the columella (the fleshy end of the nasal septum), and closed rhinoplasty does not involve cutting the columella.
- Both surgeries can be performed using sedation – general or local anesthesia.
- People may also undergo rhinoplasty to remove a nasal hump on the bridge of the nose.
- After rhinoplasty, a patient should expect swelling and bruising of the face and especially of the eyes for at least one week.
Arm Lift and Thigh Lift
- The scientific name for an arm lift is brachioplasty whereas a thigh lift is referred to as thighplasty.
- Both of these procedures fall under the category of body shaping or body contouring.
- Arm lifts are usually done to eliminate flaps of skin that occur at the back of the arm during the natural ageing process.
- During an arm lift procedure, the surgeon will make small, inconspicuous incisions at the back of the arm and reshape the arm by removing excess skin.
- The total weight of the skin removed may be as much as one pound per arm.
- A thigh lift reshapes the thighs by getting them rid of excess fat and skin.
- Sometimes this requires liposuction followed by redressing the skin.
- Performing a thigh lift on the inner thigh requires an incision from the groin down to the knee.
- Patients undergoing an arm or thigh lift should expect bruising for at least a week, but full recovery should be achieved within three months.
- Vaginoplasty is a procedure which reconstructs the vaginal canal.
- This is a type of plastic surgery that is usually done to correct defects that occurred due to congenital disease, an accident, or cancer. It is also used during male-to-female sex reassignment surgery.
- Vaginal tightening and hymenoplasty (repair of ruptured hymen) are sometimes opted by females, who want to restore virginity or improve sensitivity during an intercourse.